It's tender, it's juicy, and it's oh so delicious!
Some of you have probably ordered it before, but if not, you're in for a treat!
So, without further ado, here's my recipe.
Brazilian-Style Skirt Steak
Makes 4 Portions
Ingredients for steak:
6 medium cloves garlic
1 tsp kosher salt
16 oz raw skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces (yields 3oz cooked portions)
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 oz unsalted butter
1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Ingredients for Veggies:
8oz red bell pepper, sliced
8oz green bell pepper, sliced
4oz red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of a chef’s knife. Sprinkle the garlic lightly with salt and mince it.
- Slice Peppers and onions. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers; cut lengthwise into strips and slice the onion.
- Pat the steak dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat and sear 1 -2 minutes per side for medium rare
- Then Grill Peppers and onions.
- Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest while you make the garlic butter.
- In an 8-inch skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, swirling the pan frequently, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and mix it with the pepper and onions. Then, spoon the garlic butter over the steak and sprinkle with the parsley.
If you try making this recipe at home, then let me know how it goes in the comments! Enjoy!!