A few weeks ago, I shared with you Lyn-Genet Recitas' 5 ways to reset your metabolism (sleep more, drink more water, manage stress, eat the right foods for your personal body chemistry and exercise less). I'm confident it changed your life....haha!
I talked about how these 5 areas affect inflammation in your body and thus stall weight-loss. And with bikini season right around the corner, none of us can afford to have stalled weight-loss can we!?
Of course, these areas are lifestyle changes and it can take time to change up your routine. Have no fear: there's a simple way to get the jump on your metabolism re-set and the only thing you have to do is eat great food!!
"Reset my metabolism by eating? This chick is crazy!" is probably what you're thinking, but yes, it is true! You probably have no idea that many of the foods you're eating may be raising your cortisol levels, causing rampant yeast growth in your gut or causing hormonal imbalances in your body.
Eating the right foods can fight these reactions and restore thyroid function (which is the gland responsible for regulating your metabolism). So, without further adieu, here is you one-day metabolism reset.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- If you can soak the flaxseeds overnight, great—they will produce more mucilage and be even better for digestion. But if you're in a rush, you can simply combine water and flaxseeds in a medium bowl, mix well, let sit for 30 minutes, and mix again.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 275°F. Add agave, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and raisins to flaxseeds and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 225°F as you remove the baking sheet. Chop up the sheet of granola into clusters, flip them over, and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, until all moisture is gone and granola is crispy. For women, serve with ½ an apple; men should serve with ½ an apple and some coconut or almond milk.
Lunch: Cream of Broccoli Soup
Makes 3 to 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery seed
- 1 quart chicken stock or hot water
- 2 cups water
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 8 cups broccoli, chopped—about 4 heads of broccoli
- 4 cups zucchini, chopped—about 2 medium zucchini
- 1 small cayenne pepper or 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pit removed
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, cumin, sage, and celery seed, and sauté until the onion is tender.
- To a medium soup pot, add the stock or water, water, coconut milk, broccoli, zucchini, cayenne pepper, avocado, and finally the sautéed onion mixture. Bring the water to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Blend the soup. This recipe freezes well, so it's great to double the recipe to last for two weeks!
- Serve with: baby romaine with grated carrots, ¼ of an apple, sliced, and sunflower seeds, dressed with extra-virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and whatever fresh herbs you have lying around.
Snack: Raw Pumpkin Seeds
Dinner: Chicken With Roasted Vegetables
Women should have 4 to 6 ounces free-range chicken. Men should have about 8 to 10 ounces of the same, with as much of the roasted vegetables as they want! You should serve it with baby romaine lettuce, ¼ avocado and use with extra-virgin olive oil dressing with a squeeze of lemon juice. Feel free to add any fresh herbs to the salad as well.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Italian herbs, fresh or dried, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop the vegetables and toss them with the olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper. If you have time, let the mixture stand for 30 minutes before baking for 30 minutes.
Now, if you're not into cooking any of this stuff for yourself: I get it. Not everyone can make time for cooking (and there's several of you out there that wouldn't cook even if you had time and that's cool too). Have no fear, Taylor Made Cuisine makes all of these items and more.
Check out our online store for more details and to place an order!
Also, let me know what you think of the new store below :)
Ciao Bella <3